I have always had a sweet tooth. My main love is chocolate, but I embrace most delightful treats. Unfortunately, as soon as the scrumptious desserts hit my lips, it’s as if they magically transferred right to my stomach and thighs; the two parts of my body that I can’t stand the most. Im currently in the midst of working to tone my legs and flatten out that little pooch we all hate so much.
I’ve recently discovered some desserts that I am able to make quickly and easily. They are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and yuuuu-mmy!!
First up are brownies. I’ve made this recipe twice already and just love it!
No Bake Brownie (vega recipe)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Mix walnuts in food processor and grind until it becomes a coarse flour. While the machine is running, add dates, walnuts, and salt, process until a moist crumb-like dough like consistency is formed.
- Spread into a 8×8 in pan (or any dish of your choosing, I use pyrex containers) and add cocoa nibs or walnuts to the top. Cut into squares and serve. You may also make balls as opposed to squares.
Personally, I prefer to stick my brownies into the fridge and eat once chilled. I find that this helps to keep the mixture together better. Since they are raw brownies, they tend to crumble easily. I also noticed that once they have been chilled, the taste is better and moister.
The first time I made these, I had just under a cup of walnuts and the consistency was a little more doughy. Even so, they taste just as yummy the second time!
Personally, I don’t even cut these, I leave them in my dish and when I get a sweet craving, I pop the lid off and take one or two bites with a spoon. It’s just enough to keep my sweet tooth satisfied. This way I’m not over-doing-it and still have some left over. It lasts a few days!
Good Girl Vegan Fudge (chocolate covered katie)
- 4 tablespoons Artisana coconut butter (mmmm, coconut butter smells soooo good!)
- 1/2 a large and very ripe banana
- 1/8 to 1/4 cinnamon
- scant 1/16 of salt (I just throw in a pinch)
- optional-add sweetener of your choice (agave, etc) But really, it’s not needed!
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- That’s it!
- Put mix into container (plastic makes it easier to pop out)
- Refrigerate or freeze (I froze)
- If freezing, let thaw for about 20 minutes, cute and serve
This stuff is delicious and very rich! And dare I say it, good for you! Check out some more info on coconut butter here.
Now I know you won’t believe it, but I’ve been able to snack on these yummy treats everyday, YES-EVERY DAY, since going raw and I am still loosing weight!
Try them out and until next time…..
Happy Sweet Treats!