I have decided to document what I am eating everyday. The Doctor gave me a Anti-Inflammatory food pyramid. How cool is that?? So I thought the easiest way to make sure I am getting all the nutrients I need is to journal it. I guess I will make this one blog per week instead of having daily entries. I will start one at the beginning of each week and go back each day to add to it. I know this will help me a ton !!
Also, I would like to note my weight from my appointment yesterday as 156 lbs ! I have another appointment in 6 weeks and I am eager to see the changes from my new Healthy Eating Habits !!
So today Wed, April 14th, I have had………..
- Breakfast-Vegan Sausage Patti’s-yum !!, Pink Grapefruit
- Snacks-Carrots & Hummus, Pumpkin Seeds
- Lunch-was taken over with a nap
- Snacks-Raw Broccoli with Hummus, Raisins, Corn Chips, more Pink Grapefruit
- Dinner-Soyrizo baked with carrots & peas, french fries and asparagus. Mmmmm, Kiwi for dessert
Drank water all Day and started taking Flaxseed Oil suppliments. 3,000 mg a day
- Breakfast- A whole grain cereal with almond milk and a glass of Oj
- Lunch-Something I threw together………….a whole wheat wrap with a spinach hummus spread, avocado, cucumber, and tomato. MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmMMMM…………..so yummy, that I made another one !!
- Snacks-strawberries, banana
- Dinner-Potato Salad
- Breakfast- 12 grain toast with Earth Balance butter, kiwi and Vegan Sausage
- Snack-Strawberries, banana
- Lunch- My super yummy wraps (see yesterdays lunch)
- Snack-Carrots and hummus & spinach dip, strawberries
- Dinner-missed, I was working a Cookie Lee gig but did have a Coke, which I felt soo guilty drinking but was in need of the caffeine.
- Breakfast- 1 1/2 pieces of 12 Grain toast, one piece with jelly and one half with butter and watermelon
- Snack-Raw broccoli with roasted garlic hummus and pumpkin seeds
- Lunch-Cooked broccoli in Earth’s Balance butter mixed with fresh Avacado and Carribean Tofu. Watermelon as a dessert
- Dinner-Vegan burger (Boca, but I have only seen them at Whole Foods so far), brussel sprouts and mashed potatos made with left over potato salad. Let me explain…..the potato salad I made did not have mayo but a dressing instead. I had only made enough of the dressing for the meal in which it was used for. So, I was able to mash up the rest of the potato salad and throw it into a frying pan.
Drank water all day and still taking Flaxseed supplements
April 18th (Sun)
- Breakfast-1/2 piece of 14 grain bread with butter and 1/2 piece whole grain bread with jelly (Nature’s Promise) and a banana
- Snack-Newman’s Own Fig Newton’s
- Lunch-Salad of Baby Spinach with Strawberries and Raspberry Vinegarette, and some of Anson’s leftover Grilled cheese made with Veggie Cheese (Galaxy International Foods) on Whole Grain bread. (The cheese is currently buy one get one free at Safeway !
- Snack-Carrots and Red Pepper Hummus and half of an Enjoy Life Cocoa bar
- Dinner-Two Veggie Dogs, one on whole grain bread (I made a veggie mix to go with this but it was freezer burnt-ewww) Strawberries and fig newtons for dessert.
- After dinner- Yellow + Blue red wine. This is an organic wine packaged in an Eco friendly container. Check them out online. You can search for local stores that sell them !!